Help with gstreamer for python needed

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Sun May 31 14:26:19 CEST 2009

Andreas Hennig wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Does one of you have expirience with gstreamer?
> I use gstreamer for my music player pyRok. Initialy it works fine but after a while it locks up and i don't see a reason.
> There is no error message ot something. The music just stops.
> I compared pyRok with pythm but i cant see any difference regarding gstreamer.
> PyRok  uses pygame as UI. Maybe pygame interfeares with gstreamer somehow...
>
> Maybe somebody have an idea...

You can get very detailed debugging information from gstreamer by
setting the GST_DEBUG environment variable. "export GST_DEBUG=3" before
running you application for a moderate amount of information, 5 for a
lot of information. You can use GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1 if you want to
redirect the output to a file without getting it filled with colour codes.

Cheers,
 Mike.