When intone running the ringtone is double as loud

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:45:34 CET 2009

Hi!

I was always wondering why I miss sometimes phonecalls.
Then today, I discovered, that when intone is running, and
I level up the volume, the phone ringing is much more
louder when intone is not running.

I tried to level up the volume through fso-simplemixer.py,
but even at '101' percent, is not as much loud as with intone
running.

If I launch intone while the phone is ringing, then the ringing
become louder, and if I quit then it get quiter.

What is really stranger, that intone set the volume through amixer:
src/dbus-stuff.c:100

sprintf(cmd, "amixer -c 0 set PCM %d%s", vol, "\%\n");

And in my /usr/share/shr/scenarii/stereout.state file,
 the PCM value is already at maximum(255):
control.1 {
    comment.access 'read write'
    comment.type INTEGER
    comment.count 2
    comment.range '0 - 255'
    iface MIXER
    name 'PCM Volume'
    value.0 255
    value.1 255
}

What I miss? Any idea?

Best regards,
 Laszlo

ps: since I discovered this, intone is always running.