Fwd: [Shr-User] What's going on in SHR land

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Mon Nov 2 10:59:42 CET 2009

Thanks for the update!

Ever since I saw that the SHR feeds didn't get updated for a while I compiled SHR myself
from the shr/import branch, so I already knew that there was a lot of activity going on
under the radar.

For me the usage of opimd for contacts is the nicest new feature. It has a VCF backend, so
I could just scp my Kaddressbook contacts over to the FR and have all my contacts
available. nice!

Graphic speed felt a little slower though, and the interfacing with FSO was broken in some
places, like the power management. Also the power button didn't bring up the popup menu.
But these are all findings of a few weeks back, so most will probably be long fixed
already.

Thanks again, looking forward to the next stable unstable release of SHR!

grtz,
Sander