Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Wed Nov 4 16:43:56 CET 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:45:08PM +0300, Paul Fertser wrote:

> >> Known problem, try these timings for fbset:
> >>
> >> mode "240x320"
> >>         geometry 240 420 240 320 16
> >>         timings 100000 8 88 2 2 8 2
> >>         rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
> >> endmode
> >
> > Where would I have to put that? A mode for xrandr I guess, but how do I
> > teach it to use that?
>
> Nah, just use fbset utility.

Following the instructions in this thread gives me a somewhat
graphically intact screen. But the touchable area is -- like stated
before -- reduced to the upper left quarter of the screen. But this
quarter scales to the whole screen: touching upper left corner is a click
in the upper left corner, touching the lower right corner of the upper
left quarter results in a click on the lower right corner of the whole
screen.

Is this the problem with the touchscreen driver mentioned by Raster? And
how could this be resolved?

I still consider speed one of the usability issues of the FR. And I
think it is responsiveness > shiny things. ;-)