Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Wed Nov 4 18:16:08 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 03:41:47PM +0100, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On 11/4/09, Ole Kliemann <ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net> wrote:

> >> Nah, just use fbset utility.
> >
> > Following the instructions in this thread gives me a somewhat
> > graphically intact screen. But the touchable area is -- like stated
> > before -- reduced to the upper left quarter of the screen. But this
> > quarter scales to the whole screen: touching upper left corner is a click
> > in the upper left corner, touching the lower right corner of the upper
> > left quarter results in a click on the lower right corner of the whole
> > screen.
> >
> > Is this the problem with the touchscreen driver mentioned by Raster? And
> > how could this be resolved?
> >
> > I still consider speed one of the usability issues of the FR. And I
> > think it is responsiveness > shiny things. ;-)
> >

> If you're using Xglamo, then it's known and it's already fixed in Xorg.

I see. Well... how do I get Xorg then? ;-) I am using the latest
SHR-unstable image with latest updates from the feeds. I cannot find
Xorg in the unstable feeds. I read that it was so far only integrated
into some other branch of SHR? But I cannot find anything more recent
than the unstable, although it hasn't been updated for over a month now
as far as I can see.