Free runner disassembly guide

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:49:23 CET 2009

Hi,

Please keep the list Cc'd on useful discussions! Adding Cc back in
assumption you dropped it by mistake.

Also please follow a well-established tradition to use the ``>''
symbol for quotations instead of indenting text.

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 12:30:59PM -0800, RANJAN wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Paul Fertser <[1]fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
>   RANJAN <[2]infibit at gmail.com> writes:
>   > Is there a free runner disassemble guide?
>
>   If you search the wiki for Neo1973 (aka gta01) disassembly guide,
>   you'll find what you need. The instructions are the same for both
>   gta01 and gta02.
>   > Also was any one able the open the LCD and separate it into Touch
>   > panel,Backlit and the color screen?Please let me know.
>
>   I don't think anyone ever tried. If you do, please share the results.
>
> Was able to remove the LCD from the metal sandwich kind casing.But there are two
> cords (highly delicate and flexible) which run from the LCD to the mother
> board.One is shielded with some sort or metal tape which I did remove and the
> other is glued.

The flat cable with a small flexible shield glued on top of it is the
one connecting the LCD Module (LCM) to the board. If you unlock the
connector you'll be able to easily disconnect it. As to the links
inside the LCM, that's an unknown territory, any reports (preferrably
with photos) are appreciated.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com