[Openmoko] No numbers on the keyboard?

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:54:14 CET 2009

Hello

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Åsmund Stavdahl <smund3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just received my FreeRunner yesterday, and I have a problem:
> The keyboard that shows up when I am going to enter my PIN code only has
> lower-case letters! There is no shift/caps lock either... Is this just a
> missing basic feature, or have my technology insight failed me?
To enter your PIN, I guess you'll only need the numbers... or am I
incorrect here?

> I am still using the Om that came pre-installed (should I flash SHR?).
Since that software is way over 1 year old, I suspect it would be
better to flash either SHR or QTMoko (or what is it called now?) to
improve battery life (a lot!) and gain stability.

> I would also like to know how to open a terminal (do I have to install
> one from the rep.?)...
If you install SHR, you'll get one. Not sure about Qt...

HTH!

Christ van Willegen