[SHR] Looking for some help with compilation

Michael Smith michael.smith at netapps.com.au
Sun Nov 15 02:52:06 CET 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:56:06 +0100
EdorFaus <edorfaus at xepher.net> wrote:

> You shouldn't compile the E libs yourself in the toolchain, it's better to
> install them using the package management system (opkg-target).
>
> See here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain#Installing_New_Libraries
>
> That's what I did anyway, and IIRC it grabbed dependencies automatically.

Thanks very much. That worked for me.

I now have a package on line for my application:

http://glitch.tl/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/home/host/glitch.tl/repos/packages/raw-file/tip/dbview_0.1_arm.ipk

It is a browser for sqlite databases. My source repository:

http://glitch.tl/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/home/host/glitch.tl/repos/dbview/

...includes a script which generates the test database which is included in the package. Users can adapt this script to load their own datasets into the database to view with the tool.

I plan to develop modules which understand the structure of specific tables. For example a module which behaves much like the palm contacts application using the contents of the PalmContacts table in the database.

Currently the application should be considered an alpha version. It has some buttons which do nothing and it currently has no editing capability.

Regards,
--
Michael Smith
Network Applications