future phones that you can hack. news.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Nov 18 02:07:09 CET 2009

Just an FYI here.

I can officially leak this. We (over in Enlightenment land) are working with a
major electronics manufacturer (one that happens to pump out 100's of millions
of phones every year of pretty top-notch hardware quality - and who also
happens to like making phones high-spec with nice screens, good SoC's and 3G.
If what we do is a phone, or a TV, or a game system, or a DVD player... who
knows!). What does this mean? Well - no guarantees, but they are now sponsoring
us. That says something. If we are working on something you can guess the rest
I'd say.

Who it is - will wait for future announcements. What, when and where will also
need to wait. How open it is, will also need to wait. But you can guess that if
we are fiddling with it - it's already partly open.

So... just dropping a "keep your eyes peeled".

P.S. No glamos were hurt during this work. Actually they were not even
involved. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com