future phones that you can hack. news.

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Wed Nov 18 10:11:56 CET 2009

I do understand the skepticism, but thinking about the apparent success
a pseudo-open platform like Android is having near the manufacturers and
users, I'd say there is a very good chance something groundbreaking (in
terms of market attitude) may actually happen. Android is fierce
competition, and others may take the plunge into "openness" just to
fight it. It's a "lesser evil" choice for the manufacturers (or in this
case, a "lesser potential for losses in the near future").
Carry on, people!! :)
Just don't let them twist your values. ;)