Xorg Glamo

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Thu Nov 19 11:03:12 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:32:25 +0100
David Garabana Barro <david at garabana.com> wrote:

> I think those are GREAT news:
>
> http://www.bitwiz.org.uk/s/2009/11/look-ma-no-busywaits.html
>
> http://www.bitwiz.org.uk/s/2009/11/internal-memory-bottlenecks- [...]

I aim to please :)

Just bear in mind that neither of these things impact significantly on
the Glamo bandwidth limitation, which is the thing that most seriously
limits our graphics performance (by a HUGE margin).  And since we
barely make use of Glamo's acceleration features, it doesn't add up to
much of a change.  Still a step in the right direction, though.  I
think my FR runs a bit more smoothly with these patches, but maybe I'm
just being optimistic.

It occurred to me that the Glamo-accelerated mplayer should work a whole
lot better with the FIFO patch, and even better still if someone made it
use DRI/DRM.  Anyone up for an interesting project? :)

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>