[OT]Making Geek's phone not so offtopic on this list ;)

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Thu Nov 19 11:06:59 CET 2009

Dear list,
I was talking with the Geek's phone CEO we agreed a couple of
intersting things ,

In a couple of days we will receive some final prototypes of the final
version of ONE

We will work together to open as far the hardware of the phone, first
step is obtaining the BOM list of the chipsets included on the ONE, to
evaluate how difficult will be to port the actual kernel used to run
Android to one to use for example SHR,QtMoko, or any other  :)

Until the prototypes arrives and/or the we obtain the BOM I would like
hear from you  any question you believe is useful to be answered,
other requeriments  to achieve make run a GNU/Linux distribution on
this hardware.

Also if someone  is already interested to do serious hacking on the
device please contact me personally or through this list and I will
try to make you arrive one of this unit, as you can understand if we
receive more colaboration proprosal than devices available we must do
a selection, so please don't blame us to much if you can't recieve a
unit at first attempt :P

Regards

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com