Xorg Glamo

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Fri Nov 20 15:46:23 CET 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:52:02 +0100
Amygos <amygos at paranoici.org> wrote:

> And what about hardware JPEG encoder/decoder? Was it implemented yet?
> Is there some code or doc were i can learn more about it?

Not apart from the NDA'd datasheets.  You could see if the OM people
are still able to give you the NDA to sign to get access to these, or
maybe one of the people who are already 'NDA'd' could write an
explanation of their own.  I'm afraid I don't have a lot of time myself
alongside everything else at the moment.

It'd be interesting to see if using hardware JPEG decoding can enhance
performance.  Could be a sneaky way round the bandwidth limitation for
certain types of data, as long as it's faster to upload the JPEG and
decode than to upload something already decoded.

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>