How to transfer SMS from your old phone?

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Mon Nov 23 14:04:10 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
> When the calypso is off (and it's always off unless GSM resource is
> requested), it's perfectly ok to swap SIM cards.

Thanks, Paul!  That's exactly the information I was looking for.  I'll
try this next time,

$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage \
  org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy GSM disabled

[ Swap SIM here, unless previous command failed ]

$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage \
  org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy GSM auto

--Ben