Digital Media Controler for DLNA

Christophe M meumeu1402 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 23:01:02 CET 2009

Hi !
I developing something like a remote controller for pc on the freerunner
It's based on dbus, so any dbus application will be controllable from a
remote host ...
My test application is an amarok remote controller ...
It's not finished yet and it will be integrated into Qalee but you can grab
the code and play with it right now.  Play, stop, vol up, ... works,
I'm developing the part to grab informations from the pc and show it on the
phone ...
Ho, it's based on Qt ;)

View this wikipage :
http://think-free.homelinux.org/wiki/index.php/DBusNetwork_Server_and_Client
And stay tuned on the blog page for a stable release

2009/11/26 <jack_2009 at gmx.net>

> Hey everybody,
>
> got my Freerunner for over a year now and I am quite happy that it never
> really works how I wont it to so I can fiddle with it... ;-)
>
> anyway, did anybody ever try to write an app to control Media Clients? As I
> understand it it would be called a 'Digital Media Controller' which could
> act as a remote control for Media Clients that use the DLNA standard.
> However I am not sure if that would be programmed through Upnp tools (GUPNP
> API) or something different. Unfortunately I never came around to program
> more than some shell scripts and use a bit of awk so I wouldn't really know
> where to start to code an app like that.
> Anyhow would be wicked to have an app to control my Musicpal with my
> Freerunner.
>
> If you look on the net there are only Logitec, TEAC, Sonos and now also
> Raumfeld but all that stuff is horribly expensive.
>
> hopefully somebody already thought about this.
>
> by the way, thanks for the work everybody, unfortunately I am only a user
> and of not much help apart from testing your stuff... :-D
>
> cheers Jack
> --
> Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Openmoko phone gui :

http://www.qalee.org