Dbus through network? Re: Digital Media Controler for DLNA

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 01:04:43 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:45 AM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez
<david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
> yes I have read about gabriel project before(two monts or so) was not
> updated since early 2008 now seems than a new maintainer has picked up
> the baton but not new commits yet.
> gabriels aproach is more secure but lacks a direct way to play with as
> Cristoph proposal :) and lazy as I am I will love to play with qalee
> integrated remote dbus :), I have to take a look to boxee(boxee.tv) to
> see if it has a dbus interfaces to play with too :)

?? gabriel *is* the direct way! you *are* on the remote dbus :) and
above all it run very nice with the freerunner too.
I'm using it to develop veeery fast on my pc using FSO on the freerunner.

Oh, there is another solution (unmaintained due to few requests) to
control a remote Linux Box iniecting lowlevel uinput events (emulating
keyboard and mouse, it runs on text vt too), or executing remote
commands (like dbus-send, etc.) :

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NIDE/NIDED

and will be integrated in an upcoming Qt DE too.

That's only to say I'm sad that peoples did not join a common project.

     Niko