Navit - unusable?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 06:11:38 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 01:43:59AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> How to add a destination? I select as Country Germany, and my City followed
> by Street and Number. And now? Any click on Map, Bookmark and Destination
> does nothing. I assume I have to be online for this step, this is fulfilled.

You don't have to be online, but you need right source for binary maps.
Last time I checked maps downloaded from
http://downloads.cloudmade.com/
I wasn't able to find town/street etc., I was told that cloudmade is
using older version of osm2navit and that maps from
http://maps.navit-project.org/download/
should have search working and really search works for me...

Not sure if its still the case.. Last time I checked was about half year
ago.

Cheers,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr