[SHR-u] black screen of death on resume

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Oct 1 07:09:48 CEST 2009

>> This used to be a feature implemented in the earlier kernels, and was
>> later dropped.  Has it been re-added?  If so, in which kernel version?
>> In Debian's 2.6.29 it doesn't seem to be present.

> root at om-gta02 ~ $ uname -a
> Linux om-gta02 2.6.29-rc3 #1 PREEMPT Tue Sep 1 23:03:59 CEST 2009
> armv4tl unknown

There are many different 2.6.29 versions when it comes to the FR, sadly.
But IIUC you're saying that your phone using the abov kernel does
shutdown if you keep the power button pressed for 8s?

> I think this is a feature that is at a lower level than the kernel...

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  It may be implemented at
a higher-level, tho.  But I also remember seeing a patch submitted for
the kernel to re-add the feature.  I just don't know if it made it into
"the official FR kernel" (which sadly, doesn't seem to exist),

        Stefan