FreeRunner case + stylus holder (was Re: New case)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Thu Oct 1 18:44:39 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 05:50:02PM -0700, Brolin Empey wrote:

> I have been wondering why the FreeRunner has a resistive touch screen, which
> I prefer because I like the greater precision of a stylus than my finger,
> but lacks a stylus holder.  My FreeRunner, which I ordered from SDG Systems,
> included a stylus, but I have to keep the stylus separate in my pants pocket
> because the FreeRunner lacks a stylus holder!  I bought my FreeRunner to
> replace my Nokia 6103b cell phone, which has no touch screen, and my Palm
> Z22 PDA, which has a resistive touch screen and nice stylus holder but is
> not a phone.  Because of my Palm Z22, I expected all devices with a
> resistive touch screen intended for use with a stylus to include a stylus
> holder, but the FreeRunner has no stylus holder!  Why?

   I don't think the FreeRunner was necessarily intended for stylus use. A
lot of people will be able to use their finger nails with the touch screen.
That's what I do most of the time.

   A DIY stylus holder might not be that diffcult to make. If you drill two
holes in the case, you can fit a 5 cm long stylus in the space between the
battery and the external GPS antenna connector, along the top of the GPS module and
the SIM card. Just glue in a 5 mm tube to guide the stylus over the GPS
module.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen