Universal Remote for CE/HA? (openmoko)

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 13:55:31 CEST 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009, Jed wrote:

> >> Hmmm, wonder if some of the other hand-held platforms do have IR?
> >> Surely there's at least one device?! Lets see there's: Android
> >> devices, Maemo devices, Axim x5xx (kinda), any others?
>
> Last crack  ;-)
>
> Does anyone know of any OSS supported devices that do have IR integrated?

Psion 5, 5mx, Ericsson mc218. Slow cpu, limited memory, monochrome and old
kernel, but excellent battery life on a pair of AAs. Probably not the form
factor you're after though.

Neuros OSD - for a low power consumption ethernet to IR gateway and standard
def media player. Again probably not what you're after.