[SHR-U / All?] Illume Keyboard in Landscape

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Sat Oct 3 15:45:50 CEST 2009

PV>> please word it correctly: it doesn't work correctly in landscape
PV>> but there is an ugly hack to perform each time you rotate to make
PV>> it fit. Illume (E) has had this ever since, i still wander what
PV>> keeps it being the top w-manager for the freerunner.

SK> And it works correctly on landscape and always worked, just in
SK> revision we're using ATM switching at runtime doesn't work. That's
SK> correct wording.

BP> There are several reasons imho, but why i did not switch to sth
BP> else: the illume kbd is awesome!
BP> Yes e-docs are practically not there, but personally i think it is
BP> the toolkit of the future.
BP> also performance is great in comparison to what you get/what is
BP> possible...

i know all the reasoning, but the bottom line is: if you just want to
rotate screen and have larger keyboard it doesn't work and it has been
like that for a long time. restarting E every sinle time you want to
write an sms in landscape sounds probably good to some, not to me.
as with the keyboard, there have long been issues with subfolders on
desktop, another desktop altogether, full-screen with no keyboard etc.

i don't want to sound negative, but don't try to convince me or others
that it works the way it was intended. it doesn't. despite the issues, i
like illume and i really wish it is moved from the backburner to the
front one to get some TLC.

Petr