1024#

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 11:29:30 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Christ van Willegen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Ivan Shirokov <ivanshirokoff at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I've been wondering if all the freerunners are affected by bug #1024?
>
> I've been wondering the same thing...
>
> It would seem that the extra current draw in suspend would affect all
> FRs, so having a #1024 fix-party would be a good idea in any case (?).

All are potentially affected as they all have nominally the same capacitor
value. Not all of them actually suffer from it though, probably due to
component variation. Dieter found that on his he could start the problem by
heating the chip by a few degrees, and stop it by letting it cool. Depending
on how lucky you are you may have #1024 always, never, or only when the
phone's in your pocket.

There are two sources of extra current draw: recamping and not being in deep
sleep mode. Recamping is the symptom of #1024 so is only an issue on phones
suffering from it. Deep sleep mode is a config option in /etc/frameworkd.conf
so if you don't suffer from #1024 you can always use deep sleep mode.