[SHR] new package: theremin (alfa version warning)

Valery Febvre vfebvre at easter-eggs.com
Wed Oct 7 13:16:48 CEST 2009

Aapo Rantalainen wrote:
> I packaged maemo-theremin[1] on freerunner SHR-U.
> It is nice musical tool but unfortunately it is just little bit too
> slowly to work smoothly.
>
> Anybody has any ideas how to get it working little bit faster?
>

> Package:
> http://www.opkg.org/package_287.html
>
> Info
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Theremin
>
> -Aapo Rantalainen
>
> [1] http://theremin.garage.maemo.org/

Thanks a lot for the package.

I think I found a solution to get it working a little bit better?

First, I used the timbre "Clarinet". Result is better than with the
other timbers (SINE + ADSR, Plcuked String, Trombone).

Then, I modified the Exec line in the .desktop file

Exec=DISPLAY=:0.0 theremin & renice -n 19 -p $!

I don't understand why the DISPLAY=:0.0 makes the difference but it
does.

A video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGIUSmP1rE
--