[QtMoko v14] importing contacts

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 14:36:25 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I decided to try QtMoko. It looks quite nice. Its fast and at a first look it
makes a rather complete impression. However I tried to import my contacts but
it didn't work.

I exported my addressbook from Kontact into one vcard and copied it over to
the neo. Then I called this on the neo:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/qtmoko/lib/" /opt/qtmoko/bin/addressbook
/tmp/addressbook.vcf

This opened up a dialog asking me to import all my contacts and even showed
the first 3 of them correctly in the dialog. I confirmed and it seemed to
import everything successfully. But the contacts are not shown in the
addressbook.

I remember on om2008 there was an option in the menu to select contacts from
sim or from internal database. This option seems to be missing in qtmoko.

Anyone has an idea how I can bring my contacts to show up in qtmokos
addressbook? I couldn't find much information about QtMoko in the wiki.

Thanks
Michael