QtMoko v14

Tschaka Stuff4tschaka at gmx.net
Fri Oct 9 17:59:25 CEST 2009

ghislain wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I really like QtMoko and V14 is an improvement!
>
> Every time a new version arrives I provide the Freerunner Community in the
> Netherlands with an alternative download on  http://www.openmobile.nl/
> openmobile.nl  (this site is in Dutch).
> I also changes some basic things to the standard QtMoko version:
> * I create an sdCard installer (Android alike, by flashing qi, rootfs,
> kernel)
> * I add some packages (pkg-fso-keyring vim ntpdate nfs-common mtd-utils
> flite)
> * I add a working version of Navit  (under QX), with speech (flite) with
> an working map (Benelux) on the sdCard under the MapsNavit folder
> * I change the defaults of the fstab (swap on 2nd partition of sdCard),
> nfs-mount to host (192.168.1.200) /media/jffs2
>
> Maybe this is handy for the rest of the community too? Take a look at the
> latest (V14) installer-image:
> http://www.openmobile.nl/pages/downloads.php#qtm14 QtMoko V14 Installer
> Image  and let me know if this is something you all like or if there need
> to be some changes.

would you mind creating some package or archive which simply unpacks all
necessary files of navit (w/o maps ofc) into the root dir or qtmoko? or
maybe add instructions  to the qtmoko wiki on how to get the latest version
of navit (svn would be best) working on qtmoko? first one might be easier,
as you already did all the appropriate steps :)

thanks in advance!