[SHR-U] Keyboard layouts for extremely fat fingers

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Sat Oct 10 17:58:15 CEST 2009

Hi

>>> I have created two keyboard layouts for the illume keyboard. They
>>> are  available from this repository:

> Very nice. I want it. I guess I'll try
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Illume_keyboard#How_to_install_a_new_layout

That didn't work all that nice :-( Tried to
install them next to raster's keyboards, but
they appeared all empty. Then I replaced
rasters keyboard with these, but Enlightenment
segfaulted, had to restart, lost my ssh into
the brick and Enlightment wouldnt get back up
.. ouch .. anyway

The trick is, the files shouldnt
start with comments. I removed the first
4 lines (so it starts with ##KBDCONF-1.0)
and they work like a charm.

Can't really run them side by side with
Raster's, because the keyboard's canvas
sizes are different; apparently, enlightenment
chooses the canvas size of the first keyboard
it finds and sticks to that. I have them
all working now, but raster's keyboards
are swimming in a pool of empty greyness.

Great though - I'll stick to those.

thanks!
*-pike