[QTMoko] What is the best way of moving my home directory to the SD Card?

Roland Whitehead roland at quru.com
Mon Oct 12 16:16:12 CEST 2009

I've just had the root directory on my FAT32 formatted SD card p1 get
hosed ("Stale NFS file handle") so I ask the very simple question:
what is the best/most reliable way of moving my home directory from
NAND to the SDCard? I have the whole of p1 available for my home
directory so I could mount it as /home/root, I could exit the /etc/
passwd file or I could symlink it.

Ideally I'd love to have things like this in a "How to" page on the
QTMoko wiki. Would anyone complain if I started such a page?

TIA

Roland