Wikireader & community

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Oct 15 15:21:13 CEST 2009

Hi!

Now, after Wikireader's been released, I'd like to hear Openmoko to
share their thoughts about the community aspects of Wikireader.

Are you planning to encourage the creation of a devel/user community
around Wikireader?

If yes, then
What are the tech specs? We don't even know the dimensions of the device.
Who's the person at OM responsible for communicating with the community?
Where to discuss Wikireader?
What's the process to gain access to main repository?
Where to report bugs?
Where to submit patches?
Where will the documentation be available/written to?
What kind of contribution would you like to see from the community?
What will you do to enable the community to do what you want it to do?

'It'll all come later' just won't work this time.. 'We really don't
have plans yet' works better :)
If you seriously plan to benefit from the community, I think you
should keep the buzz up and start working WITH the community.

http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/building-community-around-your-foss.html

If no, then I wish you all the best.

Thanks!

r - Planning to buy one to play with and then maybe send it to someone
in a country with limited online time, unless it convinces me to keep
it even though I have Freerunner :)

ps. Like your 'You be the expert' videos but the reference to iPhone
on the video here is.. well.. whatever..