Broken Freerunner.. CPU stall messages.. repairable?

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sat Oct 17 00:24:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:52:04AM +0200, Thomas Franck wrote:

> What I found weird, though, is: I put my old 8GB SD card in the new one
> (I used the 512MB card for the booting tests) and it had a very hard
> time with it (a lot of bad sectors).. now, I put the card the adapter
> and the reader.. and fdisk wouldn't even open the partition table of
> it.. :O

> I could understand data loss on the ext3 partition there, but
> the first few kilos should not have been touched when the battery was
> suddenly "removed"...

   You can't know where your data is placed. It's an SD card, not a flash
disk.

> Has anyone ever had that? I mean that an sdcard get's fubar-ed by a g-shock?

   At least in my FR, the battery sits loose enough in the battery
compartment that it does not maintain contact with the battery connector
when dropped 1.4 m onto gravel. Thus if the SD card might get fubared by
sudden removal of power, it might also get fubared by a g-shock.

> Very strange.. :S  anyway, I'll try to boot some more the the 512MB
> card.. is there a way to tell whether the FR is booting from the SD
> compared to the NAND? can I erase the NAND rootfs somehow?

   IIRC:

# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd6

(Check your /proc/partitions - you wan't the largest one.)

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen