web-manager 0.2

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Sat Oct 17 03:36:36 CEST 2009

Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/10/17 Baruch Even <baruch at ev-en.org>:
>> To those who don't know web-manager is my take on oshyrman, it's a web
>> interface to the freerunner (actually, to FSO infrastructure) and it
>> currently shows the GSM reception, GPX traces from tangogps, lists
>> contacts from opimd and lists messages from opimd.
>
> are there any plans to allow conversion of those tangogps .log traces
> to .gpx, along with upload to an osm account?

It's already available, there is a link near any log file to download as
GPX. I'm too lazy to integrate it with a JOSM plugin to be able to load
them directly into JOSM.

As to uploading them to OSM, it should be possible for a Javascript
developer to implement such a thing with some AJAX, but it's not in my
current priorities. I'll take a patch though.

>> I really suck at doing UIs and web UIs in particular, the RPC that I
>> implement is REST-like (I'm no puritan in that respect) and provides
>> JSON output to simple requests. The web interface is written in jQuery
>> and is really in need of some love. Anyone wants to take it to the next
>> level and actually use the full abilities of HTML/CSS/JS to make it a
>> great interface?
>>
>> Feedback is most welcome!
>
> where is it?

You can find it at opkg http://www.opkg.org/package_289.html