[Wikireader] Any news on Wikireader ? [OT]

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Oct 23 01:49:13 CEST 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:39:40 -0700 Doug Jones <dj6mf at frombob.to> said:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:14:25 -0700 Doug Jones <dj6mf at frombob.to> said:
> >
> >> This device is perfect for Free Software purists and for people who, for
> >> whatever reason, don't carry Internet access in their pockets.  (As the
> >> global collapse deepens, I expect more and more people will be unable to
> >> justify the monthly cost of carrying around Internet access.)
> >
> > just fyi... the global collapse is likely past its bottom point. everything
> > i see is either bumping aong the bottom or well on its way up. in
> > australia/asia at any rate thats for sure. i don't think you're going to
> > see any deepening in the west (australia excluded - it's hooking into the
> > asian supply line so it's economy is more affected now the panic has gone,
> > by supply and demand, and china's demand - india's too is on the up).
> >
> > no point panicing about deepenging problems.
>

> Who's panicking?

hahahahah! well... more the words "global collapse deepens" might incite
panic. :) it's not global anymore. australia is on its way out. stock market
has been on the up for months. unemployment - it generally large as an
indicator is now going down again and the reserve bank is raising interest
rates. :)

> On the back of my WikiReader, I'm planning to write "Don't Panic" in big
> friendly letters
> >
> > the usa though is in some deep poo poo and likely will see its currency
> > devalue further. massive debt doesn't make the us economy look strong.
> > especially as investors are over the panic now and need a safe haven for
> > their money, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that as the dollar goes down,
> > moving money to a currency not tied to the dollar thats on the rise, makes
> > sense, thus putting up the # of dollars being sold and unless someone picks
> > up the slack and buys the extra multi-billions of dollars as fast as they
> > are sold, means that the dollar will go down further due to investors
> > trying to go to another currency for safety. but then again, as the dollar
> > drops, things will drift back to on-shore as the usa simply becomes cheaper
> > and thus helping create jobs in making use produced goods + services
> > cheaper. it'll reach equilibrium at some point... but that won't be for a
> > while.
> >
> > (sorry. just had to point this out as the above didnt seem incredibly
> > accurate given current world economic circumstances) :)
>
> Yes, let us know how that works out   :-)

which one? moving money to other currencies? already have long ago. i dont live
in the usa. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com