Multiple Distro's..

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:31:44 CEST 2009

2009/10/24 Aditya Gandhi <aditya.g8 at gmail.com>:
> Hi guys, I'm expecting my Free Runner in a day or two....
> I wish to know as to how many distributions can I Run side by side ,

It is very easy to run two: one on the internal flash and one of the
first partition of the SD card, with Qi as the NOR bootloader.  Then
pressing the power button alone will boot the SD distribution, and
pressing AUX+power will allow you to boot the NAND distribution.

More distributions are possible, but more complicated to set up and
select between.

> And which is the most preffered for starting developement.

If you are thinking of Python, they are all equivalent.  If you are
thinking of C, I would say that Debian has a slight edge, because you
can just install gcc and use the normal toolchain on the FR itself.

Regards,
         Neil