ffalarms 0.3 -- recurring alarms

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Mon Oct 26 19:32:37 CET 2009

Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at gmail.com> writes:

> Dzen dobry Łukasz,
>
> I've noticed that when the alarm sounds, the FR turns off after some
> time. I've never needed to depend on the alarm, but it's not nice when
> you alarm clock itself falls asleep ;-)
>
> Is that fixable (on SHR-U)? Maybe you could resource-lock the CPU for
> that.

Dzień dobry Christ

That is strange, ffalarms (since 0.2.3) does request CPU resource, that
is before starting the alarm you should observe CPU is not ,,enabled''
(unless other program requested it):

$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.GetResourceState CPU  2>/dev/null
False

If you start an alarm, for example with:

$ ffalarms -s now

you should observe that ffalarms requested CPU resource

$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.GetResourceState CPU  2>/dev/null
True

and so the system should not suspend.  Does it give false for you?

Łukasz