ffalarms 0.3 -- recurring alarms

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Mon Oct 26 22:15:30 CET 2009

Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> writes:

> Am Montag, den 26.10.2009, 02:07 +0100 schrieb Łukasz Pankowski:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just released ffalarms 0.3, it adds recurring alarms, please test
>> it before depending on it.
>>
>> For me the most missing feature now is being able to edit the alarms and
>> postponing in the acknowledge window.  Ideas and comments are welcome.
>>

>> Notes:
>> - add support for recurring alarms, attaching messages to alarms, and
>>   choosing alarm date from a calendar
>>
>> - add configuration option for alarm volume, alarm_script and alsa_state
>>
>> Download:
>> http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/?group_id=260&release_id=580
>> (I also provide libical, in case it is not in your distro)
>
> Yay! I use ffalarms mostly more than once a day and it's just great to
> have it. Thanks for your work! :)
>
> Although I know you're not too fond of it - what about making it
> possible to simply turn an alarm off without that puzzle? It's quite
> annoying me from time to time, especially when I'm just finishing it
> when its regenerating and I need to hear that alarm once again...

Yes I am quite attached to the puzzle it is there since the beginning
:).  BUT: it is there for the particular purpose to avoid accidental
turning off of the alarm.  And now Elementary [1] comes with the widget
that plays that rule well enough -- slider -- without the annoyance of
the puzzle (yes, I say it too).

v0.3 adds the acknowledge window that displays after the puzzle, and
consider merging the two into one acknowledge window with two sliders:

* first one to turn off the alarm sound (when it is loud you want to
turn of this first and not read the message), then

* the second to acknowledge you read the alarm message (this will appear
if you slide the first one).

What do you think of such interface?

[1] ffalarms was up to 0.2.2 an Edje interface because this way it was
running well on 2008.12, which was much used at the beginning of 2009.

Łukasz