Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:54:33 CET 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Carsten Haitzler <raster at rasterman.com> wrote:

I would only rise couple of points here:

Scrolling is not optimized at the maximum.
Look at ipod or nintendo DS, they do *discrete* scrolling and it is
amazingly fast.

They dont do kinetics, or pixel perfect scrolling like iphone.

Also on a side note if the content is a bit bigger, the scrolling is
exponentially slows down...

> but.. if i were smart.. i'd not develop apps for the freerunner. it's a "dead
> product". it has no more being produced. it has no evolution path. there won't
> be a gtao3, 04, 05 etc. everyone quit or was fired/let go from om that worked
> on phones.. or worked on pretty much anything. your future is other devices..

Lets count the elementary apps here. How many of them written for the
Freerunner?
Sad true: almost all usable elementary app are written for the Freerunner.

Where are the other "future" devices to developing for? There is none.
Maybe Palm Pre reverse engineering will change things a little,
but its only a hope right now. (and also a dead-end, as the Palm Pixi
is a no-go, and
probably the future devices will be also)

So fixing some annoying things because of the Freerunners actually makes sense,
as we are a huge e userbase with a couple of *usable* real world apps.
Not demos;-)

In my personal view, even the Freerunner would be 10 times better
hardware-wise,
would not change to many things. As the lowlevel apps is getting in
usable shape
just now. I can use my phone like a month *reliably* thanks to frameworkd.

I think in a year or so we will grow out the Freerunner. But until
then there is a lot
of small usable apps to write!;-)

Best regards,
 Laszlo

ps: Im still figthing with the bad audio experience after 7(!) months...
Yeah, the Freerunner could be better.