fatfingershell V0.2

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Wed Oct 28 00:17:16 CET 2009

Rafael Ignacio Zurita <rizurita at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello people,
>   there is a new version of fatfingershell (0.2).
>
> It is a virtual terminal for Openmoko mobile phones, with a fullscreen
> keyboard, and sound/screen/vibrator feedback.
>
> You can set the colors and the transparency, set new keyboard layouts
> (hard yet) and replace the sounds.
>
> The fullscreen keyboard aims to be complete and useful for sh/bash,
> vi and common console apps, like top, mocp, mplayer, mc, gnu tools, etc.
> Moreover it is comfortable for fat fingers.

Thanks for that, really usable shell.

The keyboard lacks only small feature, I tried to run

$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.otimed

and made a typo, and I see right and left cursors (preferable on < >
keys in FN mode) are a must.  I can do well with C-p and C-n to browse
shell history (as you hit them once or twice), but multiple C-b or C-f
to move inside the line to edit it is a pain and unusable.