Centralization of graphical awesomeness [ot]

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Wed Oct 28 09:51:16 CET 2009

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> with linux i'm not lumping in uclinux, elks, etc. as they do come under
> different names :) notice.. i included desktop... and at least i'd hope to
> imply that would be the desktop he speaks of... ie how great compiz is and so
> much better than e17. :) (just using context).

Please don't lock on my comparing E vs. Compiz, it was just an example
to show how things could be done in different manner, the same as you
don't consider uclinux as linux...
I didn't say Compiz is better than E per se, I just said on *my* desktop
systems E never run as smooth as you claim (and show on your videos) BUT
Compiz do. Given that I don't use compiz because simply I don't need
fancy windows to browse the web, developing apps and see movies ;)