Centralization of graphical awesomeness

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Wed Oct 28 11:14:08 CET 2009

Xavier Cremaschi wrote:

> No.
>  From the user point of view, a recipe :
> - take SHR or Om2009
> - put a simple theme instead of the default one
> - notice it's very fast
>
> Where is the part with the user who cannot use this or that ?

That as Raster correctly said, "default" is something that should do
everything as-best-as-possible, and default in all "E distros" is a
pain-in-the-a**
This is a distro maintainer issue ok but remember I'm talking from the
user's point of view and from this point of view it's a matter of E not
distro maintainer configuration (given both distros suffer the same
problem).
And until some months ago there wasn't a simple theme for Illume (and
please don't tell me creating Illume's themes is as easy as Qt or GTK...)