Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Cedric BAIL cedric.bail at free.fr
Wed Oct 28 11:25:34 CET 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM, DJDAS <djdas at djdas.net> wrote:
> Xavier Cremaschi wrote:
>> DJDAS a écrit :

>>> Finally! This was my point of view nothing else! :) Thank you for
>>> explaining in a simple manner :)
>>> Bye
>>
>> But E *is able to perform this*, in a better way than the other solutions.
>>
>> You seem to think E is an ambitious/too complicated/too slow piece of
>> software. You are obviously wrong here.
>>
>> E is an optimized piece of software, probably the best one when you have
>>   hard constraints (like on mobile devices).
>>
>> Use a theme with -- as you wrote -- "some simple widgets" and you will
>> see that E is the fastest one.
>>
>> And stop comparing E in SHR/Om2009 (complicated multi layer theme for a
>> not so good look) with QtMoko (simple theme for a good look), because
>> being 2x faster when you display 3x simpler widgets is not significant.

> Sorry but which part of "from the user's point of view doing complicated
> calculations that result in a slower display is useless" is not clear?
> I don't care E optimizations and beautiful algorithms if I simply CANNOT
> USE THEM or use them at the price of speediness and smoothness, they're
> simply useless! You can't tell me you've written the best software in
> the world if I can't use it or I have to limit it to the worst software,
> it's a loosing approach, you dropped your energy in something useless.
> This is what I claim Raster is wrong, nothing more (maybe using rude
> words ok, but this is the point). He says "if you run on a limited
> hardware my software, to obtain the SAME results of Qt you cannot use my
> calculations and optimizations" so what? This is equals to say "you
> cannot use my software" not "my software is well written", do you agree
> with this?

Man, what didn't you understand in: "YOU SHOULD WRITE A THEME THAT
DON'T USE THAT MUCH FANCY STUFF ?" ? The EFL are fast and optimised,
but you should adapt the theme to what you ask. So write a theme that
look like QtMoko and I bet you will have at least the same speed (My
personal guess is that it will be faster, but I don't have time to do
that).

As of you are beeing rude, you are not even reading what people are
telling you. Stop yelling and start some real work. You already know
what should be done to improve the situation. You will find edje doc
here: http://docs.enlightenment.org/auto/edje/edcref.html . Now start
your home work.
--
Cedric BAIL