Centralization of graphical awesomeness

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 29 02:40:19 CET 2009

The problem is that playing movies is only one of the FR uses (one I
have never done by the way - I suspect its actually a minor use for most
people)  - I love the FR's high res screen that can make legible quite
small text and details.

So, I would be quite unhappy to have QVGA as the default when I dont use
anything that would benefit.  That being said, it would be a nice option
if it can be made both selectable and non-buggy - I do have a mythbox
and FR/myth integration would be a wow factor thing, though not very
useful otherwise.

BillK

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 13:58 -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Wow,
>
> I'm surprised nobody in this thread has been throwing Hitler insults
> around yet [1].
>
> Changing the default resolution on the FR to QVGA is a good idea if it
> means a more responsive UI. Assuming that bpp and fps parameters stay
> the same, that would mean 1/4 of the current glamo-bus traffic.
>
> Personally, I'm more interested in running Android on my FR, so even
> changing the framebuffer resolution statically in the kernel source
> would be fine by me.

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Home in Perth!