Congratulation, Wikireader! 7th in Amazon TOP 100

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Thu Oct 29 07:17:49 CET 2009

Hi Pieter

First off, thanks for the kind words!

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Pieter Colpaert <freepage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright! Good one Sean & co! Even people I've never talked about
> openmoko to about, have heard the news.
>
> Any reactions from openmoko (Sean or anyone else?) on the success?

We're feeling so good it's hard to explain. The Associated Press
writeup was huge for us. And the Amazon sales numbers... well, those
are hard to believe.

Personally I'm feeling refresh again (we've had a difficult last 12
months). Probably taking the morning off to surf helped, too :)

> I hope openmoko does not see this as a victory, but as a new start for a
> healthy company and a door for new (open/free) opportunities.

We have so many ideas that build on the work we started with the
phones. So the fact that WikiReader is looking good so far is great
news. But like you said, it's only a start. We need to bring these
open / access ideals to more and more people. Please help us if you
have time. We'd love to see more language support for the WikiReader.
Or just spread the word when you can. Building consumer products is
extremely expensive. We need to sell a lot to keep our independence.
And that's so important for everything that we stands for and want to
become.

  -Sean