ffalarms 0.3 -- recurring alarms

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Thu Oct 29 23:52:57 CET 2009

William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> writes:

> On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 22:39 +0100, Petr Vanek wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:32:03 +0000
>> Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> (AJ) wrote:

>> >How about puzzle to stop the sound, display the message and show the
>> >ACK slider? If you don't ACK then there's another alarm after the
>> >snooze interval.

When I implement snoozing (repeating the alarm if not ACK) I consider
easy turning off the alarm for the first time (most probably a button),
and a puzzle in a snoozed mode (all but first time).

>> that would do just fine for me, just some people wanted to get rid of
>> the puzzle...
>>
>> Petr
>>

> Even without the puzzel, you still need an acknowledge button for the
> alarm so thats not a problem.  The problem with the puzzel is 4 buttons
> with small, unreadable text that have to be pressed in a specific order
> when you have just been woken up and are disoriented, cant find your
> glasses and your grumpy, just woken up better half is berating you for
> the umpteenth time for not being able to turn off the alarm  :(

The digits could be made bigger.

I considered it a feature that until I the digits are blurred means I am
not awaken, ie alarm should still play.  But the story is of course
different when you do not want to wake up the rest of the house.