No subject

Tue Oct 6 13:45:31 CEST 2009

a GPL GSM stack work with Calypso RF/DSP chips, and later maybe MTK chips.
The RF chips themselves are way out of reach for any of us (to make our own
open version), even way harder than the GPL'ed Milkymist SoC I think we will
get eventually [1] [2].
So to build a phone around osmocom, we have to reuse MTK RF/DSP chips?
Anybody interested in financing it? :-)

raster - do you want to pre-order one osmocom phone for 1M USD as you said?
You have OpenPandora experience already, this one could only be better.
On steroids! What do you think?
Wolfgang

[1] http://www.milkymist.org
[2] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Milkymist_One