apt-portal import opkg repos :) & some comments

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Tue Sep 1 15:14:37 CEST 2009

I CC'd our friend Joao on this :)

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 12:40:39PM +0200, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:

>>>So what's the thing with descriptions? Do they have to be filled in
>>>manually - no changes of using some importer script there too?
>>>Screenshots need to be added manually of course.
>Most of them are only one line description and sure can be used as
>short description for lists but I thing they are poor for fill an the
>detailed app description, nevertheless we can use them as
>initialization of description when app is added to the showroom, one
>line is better than nothing, both bd and code seems clear an easy
>enough to implement this in the specific Neo showroom app :)

Yeah :)

>> If a source provides only only binary, we should be able to take that
>> binary's description and use it for the application.

>> Note that source, binary and application are different concepts here.
>To check if I understand it well(using shr as example)
>souce -> ipkg repository
>binary->ipkg package

source is the source package, repository is repository.

There's a separate table "application" which contains the description,
which is not the same as a package's description, but if we have only
one binary per application, we can use the binary package's description.

That's where source comes in, tho it's not really in the db, which would
be to find out how many binaries the source produces...

>application->description+image+package/s

We need a table for images!

I'm pretty sure we went over this somewhere bit looking at sqlite3 getdeb.db
and .schema I can't find a relation between package and application!

There's application.source_package VARCHAR(128) and package.source VARCHAR(64)
but surely that's not used for joining ;)

>related+[opt]video+[opt]comments+[opt]opt votes piece of showroom for
>an specific software application

Ooh video, I like that :)

But this is tangenting on the roadmap, in which order are we going
to do features.

I sort of like the idea of doing images first, because it's a showroom
after all.

>> Thanks guys!
>Setting up a ssh+svn +webdav on the server(yes we have it :) )  to
>allow this I will grant ssh+svn access to anyone interested in
>participate, and allow anonymous checkout , after this I wil set up a
>webserver with two sites one will be the stable/release of the
>showroom  and other using directly the developing version from that
>svn of course the devel version will be first available :)
>
>I'm really noob in all that matters but I hope to have the
>ssh+svn+webdab setup this night

If that proves difficult, maybe git is an alternative?

I've been using git for so long I can't even remember svn, I'd probably
use git-svn for development too :D

Thanks!! :)

--
mjt