apt-portal import opkg repos :) & some comments

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Wed Sep 2 04:09:30 CEST 2009

2009/9/1 Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi>:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM, David Reyes Samblas
> Martinez<david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
>> Most of them are only one line description and sure can be used as
>> short description for lists but I thing they are poor for fill an the
>> detailed app description, nevertheless we can use them as
>> initialization of description when app is added to the showroom, one
>> line is better than nothing, both bd and code seems clear an easy
>> enough to implement this in the specific Neo showroom app :)
>
> Sound's good!
>
>> Setting up a ssh+svn +webdav on the server(yes we have it :) )  to
>> allow this I will grant ssh+svn access to anyone interested in
>> participate, and allow anonymous checkout , after this I wil set up a
>> webserver with two sites one will be the stable/release of the
>> showroom  and other using directly the developing version from that
>> svn of course the devel version will be first available :)
>
> Sound's good!
>
>> I'm really noob in all that matters but I hope to have the
>> ssh+svn+webdab setup this night
>
> hmm.. okay.. make sure you have decent backups :D

> --
> | risto h. kurppa
> | risto at kurppa dot fi
> | http://risto.kurppa.fi

There is some(a lot of) work to be done yet, ex. cleaning all
unnecessary imported files to the repo mostly all bzr stuff from
original apt-portal repo , configure Apache to work with  cherrypy,
and set up with a "stable" and "devel" om-showrom site ;), and of
course make at least a devel om-showrom site :P but here is one step
more of this long road.

https://tuxbrain.org/websvn/

also access to svn though ssh or https are setup and working but I
have to figure out how to enable the Reading operations (checkout,...
etc) without need to login just lack of time to read and code, this is
one of my next steps, at least people can access to code with
webfrontend, those who wants access please let me know (Markus? :P)

the only difference from the original  apt-portal  checkout is
opkg2sql.py[1] script and sqlite db file[2] generated from the
succesfull import

[1]https://tuxbrain.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=om-showroom&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdebfactory%2Fbin%2Fopkg2sql.py
[2]https://tuxbrain.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=om-showroom&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fshrunstable.db
--