Intone and lyrics with album art;)

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 05:11:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> I would like to ask, how to add an albumart to intone?

  In this case - change the name of the file Lady GaGa - Poker Face.jpg to
cover.jpg. That should display your cover art.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> What is the fileformat of lyrics?

  It's a text file as you have discovered. :-) BTW you could use intone as a
flashcard app with music / speech accompaniment this way!!

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> Is there a website to download tagged lyrics?

  I use [1] for getting the lyrics and album art. In fact I had planned on
using their API to automate getting lyrics and album art - but apparently
because of licensing issues the API has been stopped.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> Ahh, I see it displays the text in a textbox as is.
> No advanced feature, like karaoke....;)

  Do you have any ideas on how to implement karaoke without using up too
much CPU? I thought that the basic DSP stuff (being floating point) would
kill the Neo.
  I could divide the time by the no of lines and shift selected lime to get
a rough indication - but that wont work for most of rock and metal.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> Could you please wrap lines of textbox?

  Sure! Next release this weekend.

[1]http://lyrics.wikia.com/lyrics/Main_Page