cellhunter - openbmap - opencellid revisited... (was Re: CellHunter is moving to a new server)

Thomas Landspurg t.landspurg at 8motions.com
Wed Sep 2 08:59:12 CEST 2009

  Hello Risto,

  Here is a few facts from such FAQ:

 Most of the cells from OpenBMap are coming from OpenCellID (the
'untrusted ones')

 One of the main difference from the three is that only OpenCellID
provides a complete access to the data and the measures.

 OpenCellId added a "CVS uploader" to import bulk CSV data files
mainly to be compatible with the OpenBMap logger. I just don't have
any OpenMoko phone to test it.

  I've been out of the mailing list from some time because I am not
involved in the OpenMoko community (I am more involved in J2ME and
others platforms), but I would be happy to reactivate the integration
effort. Since the beginning, OpenCellID was focused on collecting the
data and not writing clients for all platforms. I would be happy to
support the OpenBMap client and do some modifications if needed.
  Regarding CellHunter, I would ba happy also to work on an
integration. We had some early discussion, but I'll try to reactivate
them.
  Regards,