udev rule for the freerunner or make usb networking enduser friendly

Olivier Migeot larrycow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:19:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 6:41 AM, c_c<cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Same here - just a static ip for the fr's mac address on ubuntu works
> great for me.
I've been on static IP for quite a while, but between work and home it
was starting to get messy. With udhcpd, it's now much more convenient.
I could even decide to change the Moko's network for something less
common than 192.168.0.0 at no cost.

The best would be to have a very light dhcpd daemon who only runs on
USB insertion, serves only one address with a very long lease, and
then dies after a few minutes. But maybe I'm dreaming there ;)

--
Olivier