Intone and lyrics with album art;)

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:53:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:11 AM, c_c<cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I would like to ask, how to add an albumart to intone?
>>
>  In this case - change the name of the file Lady GaGa - Poker Face.jpg to
> cover.jpg. That should display your cover art.

And what would be the name for other mp3s?
So lets suppose I have two mp3s:
Lady GaGa - Poker Face.mp3
Elvis - Hound dog.mp3

What should I name the pictures for each track?
cover1.jpg, cover2.jpg?
Does not seem to a viable way to me;)
Especially as we put the lyrics to [trackname].txt file.

>> What is the fileformat of lyrics?
>  It's a text file as you have discovered. :-) BTW you could use intone as a
> flashcard app with music / speech accompaniment this way!!

I have many problems with your lyrics implementation (minor issues mostly),
I will write in the lyrics thread, as I have started it.

>  I use [1] for getting the lyrics and album art. In fact I had planned on
> using their API to automate getting lyrics and album art - but apparently
> because of licensing issues the API has been stopped.

Understood. I use lyricwiki.org too with a bit of google magic.

>> Ahh, I see it displays the text in a textbox as is.
>> No advanced feature, like karaoke....;)
>>
>  Do you have any ideas on how to implement karaoke without using up too
> much CPU? I thought that the basic DSP stuff (being floating point) would
> kill the Neo.
>  I could divide the time by the no of lines and shift selected lime to get
> a rough indication - but that wont work for most of rock and metal.

I have plenty of ideas, I always have. I will write to the lyrics thread.

>> Could you please wrap lines of textbox?
>  Sure! Next release this weekend.

I have more problems too, please read my upcoming post in the lyrics thread.

Best regards,
 Laszlo