Intone and lyrics with album art;)

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:24:21 CEST 2009

> So I would propose to have a minimal timing gui for it.
>
> You display one line at a time, and when I tap on the screen, it
> autofills the timing in the file. It would work most of the time.

If you like this idea, I have more to share.
As I have done many subtitle editing in the past using mplayer
(mpsub format) and a simple text editor, I have a pretty good
workflow what could be implemented.

Rule of thumb:
The minimal interval is 100ms (ie. 0.1s), if you work
with more precise timings, nobody will notice it.

1. stage: Rough timing
We just copy&paste the lyrics to a .txt file and have the .mp3 file.

Workflow:
Intone displays each line one by one. There is a button, when
we push it, it saves the timing with the line.
There is an another (non-obligatory) button to mark the time
when the subtitle needs to be hided. If we dont push it, it
will hide the current line 100 ms before the next line appears.

2. stage: fine tuning
We want to finetune the displaying. So some ms on and of.

Workflow:
Intone displays each line one by one. There is two buttons:
+100ms, -100ms
When we here the sound the the line is not displayed in
synchrone we adjust it via this button.
Also forward 2sec reverse 2sec button would be helpful.
(to hear the line repeatably).

With the above worklow we could adjust the subtitle to a
music within 10 min I think.
And when you are on a party, you can do it without a
computer+! So would be rather excellent....

There is an another (insane) idea:
I just played with nintendo ds for 10-20 min. And the
music player is awesome what it has.
You can apply effects to the music, and it distorts the
sounds. There is one effect called karaoke, which
try to silent the voice in the music. So would be
excellent for adhoc karaoke plaing. No need to
find the special version of the music file, which
was recorded without the singer voice.

Dunno how it could be implemented at all, just an idea.

Best regards,
 Laszlo